Latest victim of the coronavirus reported in France has died

Coronavirus death - The first Frenchman has died from the coronavirus. The man in his sixties, was the most recent case to be reported in France this morning. He was reportedly taken ill on Tuesday evening and was airlifted to hospital in Paris where he later died.

France's Health Ministry confirmed his death this morning.

Two other new cases of the coronavirus reported this morning  include a 55-year-old man taken care of in Amiens in a serious condition, in intensive care and another 36-year-old man in Strasbourg, who returned from Lombardy and has so far showed no serious signs of the virus.

Seventeen cases have so far been identified in France, five since Tuesday. In addition to the patient who died overnight, an octogenarian Chinese tourist died on February 14th.

Last local news

French and Riviera News Monday 25th January 2021

The head of the scientific council Jean-Francois Delfraissy has said that further measures must be taken in France against the coronavirus. Delfraissy... French and Riviera News Monday 25th January 2021 Read More

25/01/2021

Evening Update Friday 22 January 2021

French Health Minister Olivier Veran has said that the government has ordered enough vaccines to protect all French people before the end of August... Evening Update Friday 22 January 2021 Read More

22/01/2021

Evening Update Thursday 21 January 2021

French Health Minister Olivier Veran has said that if the so-called British variant of the coronavirus increases "significantly" then a new lockdown w... Evening Update Thursday 21 January 2021 Read More

21/01/2021