Family found unconscious after carbon monoxide poisoning

Family found unconscious after carbon monoxide poisoning - A family have been found unconscious in their home in Vence after carbon monoxide poisoning. Firefighters arrived on the scene on Monday evening at around 11pm to find two adults and two teenagers unconscious. The victims were quickly evacuated from the accommodation and resuscitation and oxygenation care was given. Carbon monoxide poisoning was confirmed and the boiler in question was immediately shut down. The four victims have been taken to the Pasteur hospital centre in Nice where they were placed in a hyperbaric chamber to re-oxygenate them.

Last local news

Evening Update Friday 17th of May 2024

Winegrowers in the Var are having a rough time. After the frost episode in April, hail is now affecting some of the department's wineries. Damage was ... Evening Update Friday 17th of May 2024 Read More

17/05/2024

French and Riviera News Friday 17th May 2024

The French government has said that areas of New Caledonia have “escaped” state control as tensions remain high adding that reinforcement will be arri... French and Riviera News Friday 17th May 2024 Read More

17/05/2024

Evening Update Thursday 16th of May 2024

It is finally possible to drink tap water in La Colle-sur-Loup after three weeks when it was recommended not to drink it due to a parasite. The region... Evening Update Thursday 16th of May 2024 Read More

16/05/2024

French and Riviera News Thursday 16th May 2024

France has said it will impose a state of emergency in New Caledonia for at least 12 days, after a second night of unrest. Four people have been kill... French and Riviera News Thursday 16th May 2024 Read More

16/05/2024

Evening Update Wednesday 15th of May 2024

The French national energy ombudsman's annual report highlights four suppliers—Engie, ENI, OHM Energie, and Wekiwi—for deceptive practices, including ... Evening Update Wednesday 15th of May 2024 Read More

15/05/2024