Mayor of Nice on Coronavirus

Mayor of Nice on Coronavirus - The mayor of Nice has ordered a whole new set of measures to deal with the coronavirus epidemic.  Christian Estrosi announced the measures planned in order to "face the health crisis" and "its probable economic consequences on the region".

The measures announced include the following;

The city-managed nursing homes will be equipped with a room with several computers and dedicated internet connections. "This will allow seniors to interact with their families, it is so important that they continue to have ties with their loved ones," said the mayor.

He declared that the city is organized so that local administration is able to follow up on all the directives, management of the crisis, and is in constant touch with any changes.

In order to relieve hospitals and doctors in the city, a teleconsultation and telemedicine platform, with voluntary contracted doctors, will be opened.

The establishment of an emergency fund managed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and bringing together the City and the Region, in order to financially help businesses affected.

Terrace and occupancy rights will be postponed in June for restaurant owners, coffee shops and taxis and the collection of tourist tax, paid by hotel owners, will be delayed

Finally, 435 million euros of investments are programmed in the regions budget and the region is freeing up an additional 12 million euros to benefit the emergency fund.

The candidate had already announced that he was concentrating on fighting the consequences of the disease by putting slowing down his electoral campaign. Saying "I stopped my campaign three weeks ago considering that this crisis and the monitoring of the virus to protect the people of Nice was the priority.”

 

Last local news

Evening Update Friday 28 November 2025

President Macron has announced a ban on mobile phones in French high schools. Evening Update Friday 28 November 2025 Read More

28/11/2025

French and Riviera News Friday 28th November 2025

French gendarmes have issued a new appeal for information as the investigation into the killing of Karen Carter enters its seventh month with no major... French and Riviera News Friday 28th November 2025 Read More

28/11/2025

Evening Update Thursday 27 November 2025

President Macron has confirmed that voluntary national service will be introduced in France Evening Update Thursday 27 November 2025 Read More

27/11/2025

French and Riviera News Thursday 27th November 2025

The French government has suspended a planned rise in property tax until next spring, Prime Minister Sébastien Lecornu told the Senate on Wednesday. T... French and Riviera News Thursday 27th November 2025 Read More

27/11/2025

French and Riviera News Wednesday 26 November 2025

A homeless man accused of firing a shot which seriously injured another homeless person in Nice has appeared in court. The man in his fifties claimed ... French and Riviera News Wednesday 26 November 2025 Read More

25/11/2025