Monaco's national testing campaign - As Monaco continues its free coronavirus testing campaign for the entire Monegasque population, residents and employees, His Serene Highness Prince Albert II Monaco visited this week the two Covid-19 screening centers.
Figures released on the testing so far show that 3% of the 6,633 people who were tested last week tested positive. This means that some 200 Monegasque residents have encountered the virus since the start of the epidemic, without developing the disease.
To encourage as many residents and employees as possible to participate in this free national coronavirus screening campaign, Prince Albert who himself was diagnosed as positive for coronavirus on March 19th gave a speech encouraging residents and employees of the Principality to come and be tested. The Prince added that not only is it reassuring for everyone personally, but it also allows health workers to get a better idea of how the virus spreads allowing them to determine the best way to fight it and slowdown its progression.
After residents, employees in Monaco will be tested from June 2nd.
Hydroxychloroquine - The decree authorizing the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19 has been revoked. The decision comes the day after the unfavorable opinion of the High Council of Public Health, from France’s Health Minister Olivier Véran, who recommended to stop the prescription of the treatment for serious hopsitalised cases.
Public transport - Meanwhile speaking to French media this morning France’s Minister of transport Elisabeth Borne has said that she is in favour, of “masks being warn on public transport, for as long as there is no treatment or vaccine for the coronavirus”.
The minister added that in the coming days she will reconsult with the Scientific Council and the High Council of Public Health to see if public transport networks will be able to accommodate more passengers and from when.
“Blue, white and red summer “ - Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary of State to the Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs in charge of Tourism, has requested that the limit of 100 km for travel be phased out calling for a “blue, white and red summer”, “allowing the French, in solidarity to rediscover France and put tourism professional back in business”.
Lemoyne indicates that the defense council will study this question on Thursday, May 28 as part of the announcement of details on action being taken on June 2nd by French Prime Minister Edouard Phillipe.
Didier Deschamps respects decision from UEFA - Football coach Didier Deschamps has said that the UEFA’s decision to postpone the Euro was “inevitable” and “we have to adapt”.
Deschamps would have this week, been welcoming the players of the French team at Clairefontaine to start preparing for the Euro. But due to the epidemic, the competition has been postponed for a year.
Speaking to Le Parisien, Dider Deschamps, said "Above all, I don't want to complain. In the current health situation, it would be indecent."
He also went on to say that he considers the government's decision to prevent the resumption of professional sports competitions is "consistent and wise".
Monaco Yacht show to take place 23rd-26th September - The organisers of the Monaco Yacht show have announced that this year’s show will be held on Port Hercule here in the Principality from the 23rd – 26th September.
While there will be fewer exhibitors and superyachts, it will be one of the few events able to go ahead in the face of the coronavirus crisis.
Due to national strike action of some civil servants, several schools in Cannes are today expected to see some services disrupted.... Read More