Details of the new decree on closures in France

 

The decree concerning closures in France 

The decree concerning the closure of shops in France has been published this morning in the Official Journal. The text notably reveals the list of closed establishments.

Saturday evening, Edouard Philippe announced the closure “from midnight” of the “places receiving the public not essential to the life of the country” until further notice.

The text reveals the official list of establishments affected by the closure in France. But above all, an end date is brought forward for the first time. According to the decree, these establishments will be closed until April 15.

Eight categories are targeted:

conference, meeting, show or multi-use rooms

Shopping centers

Restaurants and drinking places

Dance halls and game rooms

Libraries, documentation centers

Exhibition halls

Covered sports establishments

Museums

Note, bars and restaurants, including those in hotels, are allowed to maintain their activity in the event of take-away or delivery. They simply no longer have the right to welcome the public. Only food stores, pharmacies, banks, tobacconists and petrol stations will remain open.

Because of the health crisis, the text provides for an exceptional measure. People undergoing chronic treatment, considered to be at risk, can request treatment at a pharmacy, even with an expired prescription.

Since March 3, it is no longer possible to obtain free sanitary masks in pharmacies. They were requisitioned for the sick and health professionals. The decree delivers the list of these professionals authorized to claim free of charge:

general practitioners and medical specialists

dentists

nurses

physiotherapists masseurs

midwives

pharmacists

The text also recalls the ban on gatherings of more than 100 people in an enclosed or open environment. Ships carrying 100 or more passengers are prohibited from calling in Corsica or in the overseas departments, regions and communities.

Schools closed until March 29

The reception of students in schools is suspended from March 16 to 29. The decree specifies that a reception will be provided for children aged under 16 whose parents exercise an activity essential to the management of the health crisis. Like health professionals. This measure had already been announced by Emmanuel Macron during his speech on Thursday March 12.

For all the latest check out our facebook page 106.5 Riviera Radio 

Last local news

Evening Update Friday 15 January 2021

Vaccine company Pfizer has said this afternoon that supplies of its vaccine delivered to the European Union will be temporarily reduced from the end o... Evening Update Friday 15 January 2021 Read More

15/01/2021

Lunchtime news Friday 15th January 2021

Police in the Var have appealed for witnesses as they determine the cause of a fatal road accident which occurred on Thursday evening on the A570 moto... Lunchtime news Friday 15th January 2021 Read More

15/01/2021

French and Riviera News Friday 15th January 2021

A man has been shot dead in Saint Laurent du Var. The shooting broke out on Thursday evening behind the municipal swimming pool in the Saint Joseph di... French and Riviera News Friday 15th January 2021 Read More

15/01/2021

Evening Update Thursday 14 January 2021

In a press conference this evening French Prime Minister Jean Castex said that a 6pm curfew would be introduced for all areas of France and border con... Evening Update Thursday 14 January 2021 Read More

14/01/2021