A collective set up for victims of the natural disaster

A collective set up for victims of the natural disaster - Despite the recognition of a state of natural disaster, after the bad weather in the region in November last year, it’s been reported that disaster victims "cannot be reimbursed for the damage".

The situation has led to one resident in Drap starting a “collective”. Since the beginning of the month, the 64-year-old retired health executive has been attempting to bring the situation to the authorities attention. A problem facing many residents.

Drap, was recognized as a state of natural disaster following the weekend of extraordinary weather conditions which fell on November 23rd and 24th. However, disaster victims are told that their insurance will not cover the damage.

According to reports this would be because the law only includes floods and mudslides. But not ground movements. In response to the matter a meeting is being held this evening Thursday 13th February at 7 p.m., in the town hall, in collaboration with the local council in the presence of a lawyer, who will defend the rights of the collective, a mediator and the planning assistant.

 

 

Last local news

Evening Update Friday 28 November 2025

President Macron has announced a ban on mobile phones in French high schools. Evening Update Friday 28 November 2025 Read More

28/11/2025

French and Riviera News Friday 28th November 2025

French gendarmes have issued a new appeal for information as the investigation into the killing of Karen Carter enters its seventh month with no major... French and Riviera News Friday 28th November 2025 Read More

28/11/2025

Evening Update Thursday 27 November 2025

President Macron has confirmed that voluntary national service will be introduced in France Evening Update Thursday 27 November 2025 Read More

27/11/2025

French and Riviera News Thursday 27th November 2025

The French government has suspended a planned rise in property tax until next spring, Prime Minister Sébastien Lecornu told the Senate on Wednesday. T... French and Riviera News Thursday 27th November 2025 Read More

27/11/2025

French and Riviera News Wednesday 26 November 2025

A homeless man accused of firing a shot which seriously injured another homeless person in Nice has appeared in court. The man in his fifties claimed ... French and Riviera News Wednesday 26 November 2025 Read More

25/11/2025