Advertisement

Genoa Bridge disaster

Genoa Bridge disaster - Italian prosecutors are investigating 20 people on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter in connection with the motorway bridge collapse in Genoa last month, including  managers at Autostrade, the company which managed the bridge. Forty-three people were killed in the disaster, when a 220m section of the bridge suddenly plunged 45m, along with dozens of vehicles. Magistrates in Genoa said those under investigation could face charges of failing to comply with safety regulations, as well as manslaughter.

 

Last local news

Evening Update 19 Sep

The ubiquitous use of security camera’s has been called into question by the Commission for Freedom of Information who say there is not enough legisla... Evening Update 19 Sep Read More

19/09/2018

“Benallagate”

The disgraced former bodyguard at the centre of the biggest scandal of Emmanuel Macron's young presidency is due to appear today before a Senate commi... “Benallagate” Read More

19/09/2018

Weather warning

Météo France has placed the Alpes-Maritimes on a yellow weather alert between noon and 7pm today with storms forecast. ... Weather warning Read More

19/09/2018

French and Riviera News Wednesday 19th September 2018

A woman has died after being hit by a train at Eze. French and Riviera News Wednesday 19th September 2018 Read More

19/09/2018

Evening Update 18 Sept

The murder trial of Monaco billionaire Helene Pastor has heard testimony from the police commissioner, who said it was unusual to arrive at a crime sc... Evening Update 18 Sept Read More

18/09/2018
Advertisement