Advertisement

Evening Update Tuesday 2nd May 2017

Shooting - Police are searching for a killer, after the body of a 28 year-old man was found yesterday evening. The body, with a bullet in the head, was found at a house on Boulevard de Stalingrad, in La Seyne.

Police - A policeman is facing a five year ban from work, for using the disabled card of woman who had committed suicide. The extended ban has been sought, as this is the second offence by the same policeman, who received a six-month suspended sentence for a similar crime in 2010.

Accident - A 27-year-old man has died after an accident yesterday on the Avenue Paul Ricard in Mandelieu. The accident, involving a car and a motorbike, happened just after 5pm.

Cannes - The Cannes Film Festival are looking for fifteen more hosts and hostesses to complete their staff lineup for this years festival which starts in two weeks.  If you’re interested, you should speak English and French and be available from 17th to 28th of May.

BUSINESS

Italian airline Alitalia is to enter bankruptcy proceedings after workers rejected a restructuring plan. The airlines flight schedule will continue to operate for the time being. Alitalia said their shareholders including Etihad, who own 49% of the airline, had been committed to a recapitalisation plan but, without the approval of workers, that cannot go ahead.

Greece has reached a preliminary agreement, with its international creditors, on reforms needed to release the next instalment of its bailout. They have promised to cut pensions by another 1% on average, and lower the tax threshold, to produce savings worth 2% of gross domestic product.

SPORT

Athletics - Paula Radcliffe has criticised proposals by European Athletics to rewrite World and European records set before 2005, because blood and urine samples have not been stored to be retested. Ms Radcliffe said proposals mean clean athletes will suffer for the actions of cheats. Paula herself holds a world record set at the 2003 London Marathon.

Football - Three European clubs are said to be very interested in signing AS Monaco mid-fielder, Tiemoué Bakayoko. Despite his contract running for another two years, it’s thought the right deal from Chelsea, Manchester United or Paris-SG, could see the player leave Monaco this summer.

Last local news

Evening Update 21 Aug 2017

A van attack in Marseilles, mini-skirt uproar in St Laurent du Var and the next solar eclipse due on the Riviera. All in your evening update.... Evening Update 21 Aug 2017 Read More

21/08/2017

Breaking News

One person killed, one hurt and driver arrested after car crashes into two bus stops in Marseille. Breaking News Read More

21/08/2017

Breaking News

Terror Attack - Catalan officials say that the hunt for the driver who killed 13 people in last week's attack in Barcelona has been extended across Eu... Breaking News Read More

21/08/2017

French and Riviera News Monday 21st August 2017

Terror Attack - Spanish police hunting for a suspect after the Barcelona van attack that killed 13 people said on Sunday they could not rule out that ... French and Riviera News Monday 21st August 2017 Read More

21/08/2017

Evening Update 18 Aug 2017

Reaction from local leaders on the Barcelona attacks, Sir Bruce Forsyth passes away and a €125m offer has been made for Liverpool player Philippe Cout... Evening Update  18 Aug 2017 Read More

18/08/2017